The Diocesan Family Service Centre of the Archdiocese of Goa and Daman was founded in the year 1975. It was the foresight of the Archbishop-Patriarch, Msgr. Raul Nicolau Gonsalves (the then Apostolic Administrator) who felt the need to establish it, during a very critical time where family life was threatenend by the then powers-to-be especially when emergency was declared and forced sterilization were in vogue as part of controlling the population.
From its inception, the Diocesan Family Service Centre has made strides of progress. Initially, the Centre had only four departments, which encompassed all the services to be rendered to families. As years went by some areas of work had to be streamlined and therefore two more independent departments were added.
Our Aims & Goals
- To Build up Healthy, Happy and Holy Families that are empowered to reach out in building a new society.
- To Work for the strengthening of Indian families by educating and conscientizing children, teens, youths, engaged couples, married couples, parents and families.
- To Defend at all costs, the value of life and to protect it from the first moment of conception to the final moment of its return to God.
- To Promote the natural family planning mentality, not only as a method which will help the couple to postpone pregnancy, to space children but more so as a "way of life" which enhances the mutual relationship of the spouses.
- To Preserve and enhance family values, consonant with the dignity of the individual,especially of women and the girl child.
- To Strive to build a harmonious society by bringing together families, by setting up neighbourhood communities and supporting them.
- To Collaborate and Co-operate with all persons of goodwill, regardless of caste, class and creed, in promoting the true goals of the family as the primary cell of Society, thus enhancing the welfare of the entire Nation.